Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chasing Cars with Meredith Grey in Seattle!

I am a HUGE fan of the Grey’s Anatomy series. So huge a fan I am, that I downloaded all the episodes when my local television network wouldn’t show the more recent ones, and then went out and bought each of the series on DVD and watch and watched them again. I love the execution of the entire show and the manner in which each of the actors has created such a powerful show. And yes, I know all the soundtracks. Okay – let’s cut back to my life for a minute

One of the reasons I was so excited to go to Seattle was because at the beginning and end of each episode of GA, they show an overview of the main city. So I was thrilled to be able to be living in a hotel so close to McDreamy’s Ferry Boats.

And so my last day, after my meetings ended, I grabbed my camera and took a walk down to the fisherman’s wharf aka Seattle’s port. And as I made my way upto the observatory landing, as always, I had my radio plugged into one ear. By the way, I do love radio here in the US, but more on that later.

So randomly clicking stations, I climbed up the stairs and watched one of those ferryboats. I broke out into a huge smile because I really felt like I was on top of the world. And then it happened…

Chasing Cars, the song by Snow Patrol that became a number one hit around the universe because of the attention it got through the last episode of season 2, came on the radio!! My mind stopped working and there was a flutter in my heart that could have been mistaken for a palpation. There I was, a happy camper having spent 2.5 days in Seattle, Washington, standing at the pier watching ferryboats I had seen on television, and the icing on the cake was this wonderfully moving soundtrack.

Was this too perfect? Did it mean something? Was big brother watching closely enough to time the song on a random radio station? And while it would have been unbelievable to meet with the cast or the creator of the show, I couldn’t have been more content. With all these random pieces falling in place, I was happy enough.

1 comment:

Frances said...

Once you get to own one of the used cars Seattle has to offer, you get to save yourself from the hassle of commuting every day.